Penne pasta with heirloom tomatoes and ricotta is one of my all-time favorites- its creamy and bright flavors take me back to summers in Puglia when my grandmother and I, along with my sister and mom, would indulge in the fresh flavors after a long day at the beach. Not only is it delicious, but its just about the easiest dish you can make, taking colorful Mediterranean ingredients and tying them together with extra virgin olive oil.
Baby Heirloom Tomatoes
Le Sorelle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Ricotta Cheese (optional)
1. In a quart pot add salt to water and boil
2. In a pan, sauté chopped garlic clove in olive oil
3. Add chopped baby tomatoes and cook on low stirring occasionally.
4. As tomatoes begin to soften (2-3 min) add 3-4 basil leaves
5. Cook on low for additional 3-4 min and set aside.
6. Drain pasta and reserve 1 cup of water.
7. Add pasta to sautéed tomatoes, adding a little bit of water if necessary.
8. Serve in bowl and dollop with fresh ricotta cheese.
9. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and add a few fresh basil leaves on pasta and enjoy!