In Puglia, food is not meant to be complicated, but rather a simple arrangement of quality ingredients to create a beautiful and delicious experience. One of my favorite recipes, Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti, is made by pairing fresh lemon, ricotta cheese, extra virgin olive oil, and basil It’s an easy and flavorful recipe you can make on a Sunday night for yourself or loved ones, and… its an excellent detoxifier!
It always feels good to have something comforting and healthy right before the busy work week. And if you like to indulge a little, this particular recipe can be enjoyed with your favorite glass of white wine!
1 cup ricotta
1/4 cup Parmesan
Le Sorelle classic or lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Bring water (with salt) to a boil. Once water boils, add pasta.
2. In a bowl, mix ricotta, parmesan, olive oil and lemon zest. Set aside.
3. When pasta is “al dente” drain reserving one cup on water.
4. Add a half of pasta water to the ricotta mixture.
5. Combine spaghetti and ricotta mixture, adding more poasta water if needed.
6. Drizzle with Le Sorelle Extra Virgin Olive Oil and add salt and pepper as desired. Top with fresh basil.
Buon Appetito! 😘